The Conference and Technical Workshop will take place at Smolenice Castle Conference Center outside Bratislava.
Save the Date now for a week of Transform Margins workshop featuring current research by academic and oil industry teams followed by the EGI Technical Conference in Europe, 18–22 May, 2020.
- Monday, 18 May: Transportation provided from the Vienna, Austria airport to Smolenice Castle Conference Center. This drive from Vienna to Smolenice includes a field excursion component focused on the classical Vienna pull-apart basin.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 19–20 May: Two days of Transform Margin workshops. The Workshop structure will include invited talks to be followed by open discussion.
- Thursday-Friday, 21–22 May: EGI CA Technical Conference in Europe.
For the first two days, after dinner, we will conclude with a plenary session on the topics of the respective day.
The Conference will be followed by four optional half-day short courses:
- Michal Nemčok: Structural architecture and development of transform margins
- Klaus Fischer: Seismic stratigraphy
- Fausto Mosca: Basin modeling with focus on transform margins
- Alistair Fraser: Play-driven exploration
Watch for details and registration in the coming months. We look forward to returning to Slovakia and hosting many of our international Corporate Associate members.