Shale Research Meetings
EGI is convening three Shale Research Meetings in Salt Lake City, October 21-23. Corporate Associate Members of EGI who are sponsoring of one or more of these shale research projects are invited to attend:
- Central Eurasia Potential of Shale Liquids & Gas – Tuesday, October 21
- South American Shales, Phase 2 – Wednesday, October 22
- China Shale Gas & Shale Oil Plays, Phase 2 – Thursday, October 23
Please register to join us for this series of back-to-back project meetings. If you are unavailable please forward the registration information to a colleague who can attend on behalf of your company.
Several EGI Projects have been updated since the April 2014 CA Technical Conference. Click on the link below to view or download the project summary. To receive more information about the scope of work and deliverables or to request sponsorship details contact us. Not sure what projects your company is currently sponsoring? Log-in to EGIconnect.com and see the full list.
In Progress and Accepting Sponsors
- Large Scale Geologic Controls in Hydraulic Stimulation has been updated from In Development to In Progress. The kickoff meeting was recently held and the project is currently in the active research stage and available for sponsorship.
- Improved Liquid Recovery in Shales has moved from In Development to In Progress. The kickoff meeting was well attended and the project is currently in the active research stage and available for sponsorship.
Recently Released from Confidentiality – Available to All CA Members
- Climato-stratigraphic High-resolution Chronostratigraphy of the Circum Arctic, Phase 3
- Creation of an Enhanced Geothermal System Through Hydraulic and Thermal Stimulation
- The Paleoecological Database System (PeDS)
- Ghana Margin Basin – West Africa
- Chemical Analysis in Support of a Tracer Test at the East Flank of the Coso Geothermal Field
- A Laboratory Study to Characterize the Performance of Tracers in Shale Reservoirs
These reports have been released from the two-year period of confidentiality and are now available for free to all CA Members via EGIconnect.com.
Designed collaboratively between sponsoring companies and EGI scientists, sponsorship of current EGI Research Projects—whether in the In Development or In Progress stage—provides Sponsors with the unique opportunity to shape the project and gain independent insights, interpretations, and evaluations of company-specific questions. All active projects are open for sponsorship from their launch throughout the two-year period of confidentiality and include both Regional and Thematic studies.