Designed collaboratively between sponsoring companies and EGI scientists, sponsorship of current EGI Research Projects provides Sponsors with the unique opportunity to shape the project and gain independent insights, interpretations, and evaluations of company-specific questions.
All active projects are open for sponsorship from their launch throughout the two-year period of confidentiality and include both Regional and Thematic studies. Recently Released projects are available to all EGI members for download from EGIconnect.
New EGI Research Projects
EGI is your source for high-quality, scientific and engineering research in pursuit of the answers to the pressing questions our industry faces.EGI researchers collaborate with colleagues across academic, industry, and government organizations around the world to discover and improve scientific innovation and applied technologies. EGI works to ensure our members have the highest level of access to over $800 million worth of scientific research. Membership benefits include Cost-Shared Projects, Technical Conferences & Meetings, EGIconnect Online Global Database, Education, Training & Certifications, Dedicated Peer Assists, and Sole-Sponsored Projects.
EGI provides Research Services in conjunction with its Geoscience and Engineering related projects. EGI in combination with the University of Utah Nanofab facility has the most densely concentrated high technology equipment in the United States capable of source rock and high-resolution reservoir characterization. The Utah Nanofab excels in such areas as fast nanometer scale elemental mapping and multiscale correlative microscopy (comprehensive suite of services from Core through Pore™ scales). The ability to rapidly map elemental constituents allows the analysis of fragile samples and those with volatile components, which are often encountered in unconventional reservoirs.
- Geochemical Evaluation Of The Southwestern Energy Company Desoto Reservoir Gases
- Final Report For Research Project For Tracer Testing At The Puna Geothermal Field
- Central Utah-Nevada Deep Plays Project Arcgis Maps & Database, Shale & Oil Analysis, And Basin Evolution
- Tracer Testing At The Olkaria, Kenya Geothermal Field, 2014
- Petrographic, X-Ray Diffraction, Fluid Inclusion And Other Geochemical Analyses On Chevron Samples From Darajat, Indonesia
- More Efficient Hydraulic Fracturing Systems For Ultra-Tight Shale Reservoirs
- Uk Shale Gas
- Hawk Pyrolysis Analysis 30
- Literature Survey Of Fracturing Considerations In Soft Formations
- Sand Production Assessment
- Sanding Qualification
- Chronostratigraphy And Paleoenvironments Of The Frontera Niko #1 Well, Onshore Republic Of Georgia
- Chemostratigraphy Of The Miocene – Pliocene Sections, Kura Basin
- Geothermal Potential Of East-Central And Southeastern Nevada
- EGI Oceans – Regional Assessment & Petroleum Systems Evaluation Of The South Atlantic – Region 1 Re-Evaluation Of Key Dsdp-Odp Study Sites
- Characterization Of Karoo Basin Acreage Tcp23 & Tcp24
- Chronostratigraphy And Paleoenvironments Of The Frontera Lloyd 1 And 1st Wells, Onshore Republic Of Georgia
- Efficient Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid And Pumping Schedule For Fracture Manipulation In Highly Heterogeneous Formations
- Final Report For A Tracer Research Project At The Trinity Hydrofracture Site
- Final Report For A Project To Conduct Tracer Testing Research At The Heber Geothermal Field, 2015
- Tracer Testing At The Platanares, Honduras Geothermal Exploration Site, 2015
- Tracer Testing At The Dixie Valley, Nevada Geothermal Field
- A Wireline-Deployed Tool For Monitoring Fluid Flow Within An Egs Borehole
- The Hydrothermal Evolution Of The Muara Laboh Geothermal System, West Sumatra, Indonesia
- Improved Liquid Recovery In Shales – Optimization For Field Development