EGIconnect.com Adds Download Tools
EGIconnect now has informative pop-ups to help users better navigate their downloads. When a user has selected an item and confirmed a download, an orange status bar will appear letting the user know that the requested file is processing.
Once the initial download process is complete, the status bar will turn green and the file will be saved under the “Downloads” drop-down button. An additional reminder will pop up underneath it stating, “Your file is ready” to alert the user that the download is complete.
To help users keep track of items already downloaded during their current session, an additional feature has been added that will alert users when they attempt to download an item more than once during the session. A pop-up warning the user “You are already downloading [Project Number]” will appear when an item is selected more than once during the session.
Additionally, the “Download” button will change to read “Downloading…” further ensuring a user sees the download in progress.
If you encounter any problems with downloads or other access issues, please contact the EGIconnect Support Team at EGIconnectSupport@egi.utah.edu.
Project Status Changes Since January 2016
EGI research projects are dynamic works, continually moving through their life cycle, with new projects being released from their confidentiality period each quarter. Below is a list of projects whose status have changed since the last publication of ASK EGI. Click on the link for each project to view the updated Project Summary information in Current Research on the EGI web site. To receive more information, call or email the PI or other contacts listed in the project summary.
Designed collaboratively between sponsoring companies and EGI scientists, sponsorship of current EGI Research Projects— whether in the In Development or In Progress stage—provides Sponsors with the unique opportunity to shape the project and gain independent insights, interpretations, and evaluations of company-specific questions. All active projects are open for sponsorship from their launch throughout the two-year period of confidentiality and include both Regional and Thematic studies. Recently Released projects are available to all EGI members for download from EGIconnect.
Complete – Immediate Delivery to All Project Sponsors
Immediate delivery of the Completed research report and documentation to all project sponsors. For new sponsors the research team leader can be scheduled for site visits to your office to present the final product results to your geoscience, engineering, and decision-making teams.
Invest now and play a primary role in shaping the scope of work and research objectives to ensure maximum value will be achieved.
Shale Systems Research
- Asia Pacific Hybrid Unconventional Non-marine Plays
- Australian Shales
- Fluid, Mineral & Source Rock Geochemistry
- Improved Kinetic Models for Resource Play Analysis
- Karoo Basin Reservoir Characterization
- North American Shale Basins – Regional Petroleum Systems Analysis
- Optimizing Refracturing & Infill Drilling
- Shale Gas Condensate Production Analysis
- Tracers for Characterizing Shale Gas Hydrofractures
Conventional Systems Research
- Frontier Basins of Mexico
- Myanmar to Java – Basin Analysis & Petroleum Systems
- Petroleum Systems of Sheared Margins, Phase 2
- Sheared Margins Of Western Australia, Phase 2
- Source Rocks In Space And Through Time, Phase 2
- South China Sea Petroleum Systems
- Thermal History & Petroleum Systems of Oceanic Crust – EGI Oceans