EGI research projects are dynamic works, continually moving through their life cycle, with new projects being released from their confidentiality period each quarter. Below is a list of projects whose status has changed since the last publication of ASK EGI. Click on the link for each project to view the updated Project Summary information in Current Research on the EGI web site. To receive more information, call or email the PI or other contacts listed in the project summary. All projects no longer in their period of confidentiality are available to ALL members via EGIconnect. Those projects within the two-year period of confidentiality are available for sponsorship immediately. To sponsor a project, contact Nancy Taylor or the Project PI listed on the research summary.
NEW Projects in Development & Accepting Sponsors
- EGI Oceans – South Atlantic Regional Assessment & Petroleum Systems –contacts: Sudeep Kanungo and David Thul
- EGI Oceans – Central & North Atlantic Evaluation of Stratigraphy & Petroleum Systems –contacts: Sudeep Kanungo and David Thul
- EGI Oceans – Predicting Thermal History & Associated Petroleum Systems on Oceanic Crust – contact: Michal Nemčok
- Frontier Basins of Mexico: Gulf of California – contacts: David Thul and Michal Nemčok
- Asia-Pacific Hybrid Unconventional Non-marine Plays – contact: Shu Jiang
- Basin Analysis & Petroleum Systems of Western SE Asia (Myanmar to Java) – contact: Shu Jiang
- Southern Papuan Basin Integrated Petroleum Systems – contacts: David Thul and EGI Affiliate Scientist John Conolly.
Complete – Immediate Delivery to New Sponsors
In Progress & Accepting Sponsors
The following projects have been updated from In Development to In Progress. The project is currently in the active research stage and available for sponsorship. New sponsors will receive all data uploads and presentation materials and be included in all future meetings, presentations and deliverables.
Designed collaboratively between sponsoring companies and EGI scientists, sponsorship of current EGI Research Projects—whether in the In Development or In Progress stage—provides Sponsors with the unique opportunity to shape the project and gain independent insights, interpretations, and evaluations of company-specific questions. All active projects are open for sponsorship from their launch throughout the two-year period of confidentiality and include both Regional and Thematic studies.
Recently Released from Confidentiality – Available to All CA Members
- Gulf of Mexico Deep Water Depositional Systems
- China Shale Gas and Shale Oil Plays – Phase 1
- Tectonic Development Model and Hydrocarbon Potential of the Guyana-Surinames Basin
- Paleoecological Database System, Phase 1
- South America Shale Gas & Shale Oil Plays, Phase 2 – All day; plus one-hour open session for non-sponsors
- Petroleum Systems Atlas of Mexico – All day; plus one-hour open session for non-sponsors
- Large-scale Geologic Controls on Hydraulic Stimulation – Half day; plus one-hour open session for non-sponsors
- More Efficient Hydraulic Fracturing Systems for Gas Shale Developments – Half day; plus one-hour open session for non-sponsors