Identify, characterize, and contrast marine and lacustrine shale plays in China.
- Distribution of petroliferous sedimentary basins in China and their hydrocarbon system characteristics
- Distribution of marine and lacustrine source rocks in different tectonic settings
- Define potential shale gas and shale oil plays in China
- Regional mapping of geologic, geochemical, and geomechanical attributes
- Identify key parameters of shale plays in both marine and lacustrine setting
- Ascertain the controlling factors on the distribution of shale plays
- Evaluate tectonic, sedimentary, geochemical and geomechanical overprints on shale attributes through time and space
- Predictive models for China marine and lacustrine shale plays.