Click for list of all Publications
Professional Research Interests and Expertise:
- Geothermal systems
- Electromagnetic theory and practice
- Relation of resistivity structure to phyisochemical conditions of the Earth
- Numerical modeling
- Inverse theory
Regional and Basin Experience:
- Western United States
- Southern Appalachians
- New Zealand
- 1983 Ph.D. in Electromagnetic Geophysics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
- 1976 B.Sc. in Engineering Geology, Queen's University, Kingston
- Fellow, Geological Society of America, 2011
- The New Zealand Geophysics Prize, 2009
- Trustee and Treasurer, Gerald W. Hohmann Memorial Trust for Teaching and Research in Applied Electrical Methods.
- Green Foundation Fellow, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego, CA.
- Outstanding Ph.D. Research Award, Dept. of Geology and Geophysics, University of Utah.